ENVIROFLEET COVID SAFETY & WELLBEING UPDATE
At Envirofleet, the wellbeing of our Passengers and Drivers is our top priority.
The Australian Government’s Department of Health has provided updated information on coronavirus specifically aimed at public transport drivers, including chauffeur services. Further to this, we’ve been working hard to ensure that safety and wellbeing measures are put in place to keep you safe and allow you to travel with us in confidence.
What is Envirofleet doing to ensure your safety
- All our vehicles are thoroughly disinfected on a daily basis, both before and after each journey, which provides surface protection from viruses and lasts for at least 24 hours. No transfer services can be performed within 10 minutes of cleaning and disinfecting vehicles, so to allow contact time to be effective. Furthermore, a log book record is kept of all cleaning and disinfection.
- All our drivers follow strict safety measures, including wearing approved, clean face masks while in the vehicle at all times, sanitising their hands, and of course maintaining the necessary distance to clients.
- Drivers are only working if fully fit and healthy, and must undertake COVID tests if they experience any symptoms, or if have been in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, or to someone that has been contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
- All chauffeur drivers who have had to undertake a COVID-19 test must self-isolate until the test returns a negative result.
- We're providing regular and timely communications to all our drivers with regards to best practice around the coronavirus, in line with Government advice and processes, as well as access to support for their own physical and mental well-being.
Our response to coronavirus is based on the latest guidance from public health authorities. You can find the most current information, news and advice at the Victorian State Government official COVID-19 website, or at the Australian Government Department of Health